We care for the environment
CO2 emission reduced by 400 tonnes annually
Most production processes have environmental consequences. But by taking well-planned precautions, risks can be eliminated and waste, including energy, minimized.
Our ISO 14001:2015 certification is an environmental controlling standard dealing with the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of systems in order to reduce any damaging effects on the environment.
At our plants we have improved the cooling systems, which has enabled us to reduce energy consumption for machine and mold cooling as well as factory air conditioning by 80%. In this way we have reduced CO2 emissions by 400 tonnes annually.
Our environmental improvements in brief:
- We have a company policy with strict targets to reach zero defects and effective logistics, both internally and externally.
- Liability in relation to the environment is part of our everyday behavior.
- We use environmentally friendly furniture and materials in our factories and offices.
- Energy optimisation
- We have a company policy with strict targets to reduce overall energy consumption.
- We use ground-water cooling at our plants in order to save energy.
- We utilize solar panels in order to save energy.
- We offer protective product solutions that are produced from 100% renewable energy sources – currently more than 40% of the energy used by DBI comes from wind energy.
- We have emission policies on cars.
- We have a company policy with strict targets to reduce our overall waste.
- We aim for optimal design of our product solutions to reduce the amount of raw materials in the product.
- Our environmentally friendly product solutions are manufactured without the use of materials that contain heavy metals such as lead or cadmium, and we have a minimum use of PVC.
- We use closed-loop recycled plastic internally.
- Our product solutions can be recycled after use.
- We offer product solutions made from recycled raw-material plastic.
- Our raw-material plastic is transported in closed systems to reduce waste and contamination.
- We collect and sort our waste for recycling.